Now into its third decade, more than 500 people are expected to attend the ceremony taking place on Thursday, May 24, 2018, at St George’s Hall in Liverpool.
Peter Sandman, Head of Visitor Economy for the Liverpool City Region Local Enterprise Partnership, said: “Over the years these awards have built a strong reputation for rewarding and celebrating the cream of the crop from our impressive tourism sector.
“This event provides the perfect setting to acknowledge not only industry excellence but also recognise the major role the sector has on the region’s economy.
“With entries now being open, I would strongly encourage all businesses to take a look at the application form and get their entries in early.”
Organiser Cathryn O’Grady from Eventful Events said: “Entries for the Tourism Awards grow year on year and by opening the application process earlier we hope to engage further with the vast array of visitor economy businesses the city region has to offer.”
The 16 categories are:
- Hotel of the Year
- Guest Accommodation/B & B of the Year
- Serviced Apartment of the Year
- Small Visitor Attraction of the Year
- Large Visitor Attraction of the Year
- Taste Liverpool
- Small Tourism Event of the Year
- Large Tourism Event of the Year
- Tourism Experience of the Year
- Bar/Pub of the Year
- Excellence in Business Tourism
- Entertainment Venue of the Year
- Independent Tourism Business of the Year
- Best Newcomer to the Visitor Economy
- Tourism Star
- Tourism Young Person
The deadline for entries is Friday, January 12, 2018. Further details, and an entry form are available from www.lcrtourismawards.com or by contacting Eventful on 0844 809 4399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org